Tomato and Basil Pasta – Quick N Easy #15
Tomato and Basil pasta
Servings: 2 people
- 180 g dried pasta
- 50 ml olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 200 g fresh cherry tomatoes
- A handful of fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring your water to the boil. Season with salt and cook your pasta until aldente.
- Finely slice your garlic and add it into a frying pan on medium heat with a few glugs of olive oil.
- Fry on a gentle heat for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add a pinch of chilli flakes and a splash of the pasta water to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add your tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Use the wooden spoon to lightly crush the tomatoes to release all their juices.
- Add some fresh basil into the pan and then drain your pasta.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan and grate over a generous amount of parmesan on top.
- Taste and season and serve with some additional fresh basil and more parmesan.