Apple Tarte Tatin
Servings: 2 people
- 40 g sugar
- 35 g butter
- 3 Braeburn apples
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Place your oven proof frying pan onto the puff pastry and cut around the outside of the pan. This will ensure you have the perfect disc to sit over your apples later. Place the pastry into the fridge.
- Place your sugar and butter into the frying pan and melt it over a medium heat.
- In the meantime, peel and quarter your apples and remove the core. Set them aside.
- Once your butter and sugar is dark toffee colour, add your apples (round side down) reduce the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes. The juice from the apples will mix into the caramel and make it even more delicious.
- Once your apples have taken on some of that dark caramel colour but not burnt. Place your pastry on top and tuck it down the sides.
- Place in an oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Once ready. Place a plate on top of the frying pan and flip it. Slowly remove the frying pan to unveil your delicious dessert.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.