Sausage Roll – Date night #5
Servings: 4 people
- 6 sausages
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp of dried sage
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Finely chop your onion. Add it into a saucepan with a generous pinch of salt and sweat in vegetable oil until soft.
- Run your knife down the length of the sausage and remove the skin.
- Add the sausage meat into a bowl, along with the sweated onion and sage. Season it with salt and pepper and place into a piping bag.
- Pipe the sausage mixture along the length of the puff pastry making sure you have enough room to fold it over and seal the sausage roll nice and tightly.
- Egg wash the inside of the puff pastry and then fold it over.
- Trim off any excess puff pastry and then using a fork dusted in flour, press down on the seal so it doesn’t open later.
- Use a serrated knife to portion the sausage rolls, making sure you clean the knife after every cut. This will give you the best presentation.
- Brush some beaten egg onto each sausage roll before placing it in the oven for 25 minutes.