A childhood favourite of mine. A classic Roman dish which can be made in 10 minutes!
Servings: 2 people
- 200 g Spaghetti
- 200 g pancetta or guancale
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g parmesan
- Black pepper
- Place the spaghetti into a large pot of salted boiling water.
- Fry off your pancetta in some olive oil.
- Mix your egg yolks with the grated parmesan and a generous pinch of black pepper and mix until it looks like a thick paste.
- Once the pasta is cooked add it into the pan with the cooked pancetta reserving a mug full of the pasta water.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the egg mixture. Stir to combine as the residual heat will cook the eggs to thicken the sauce. If the sauce is too think you can add small amounts of pasta water to get it to your desired consistency.
- Taste and season.