Smashed Avocado on Toast
Servings: 2 people
- 4 slices of sourdough
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 2 Avocados
- 1 lime
- 8 slices of smoked salmon
- Start off by making the smashed avocado and get it up to room temperature. Cold avocado tastes of nothing and will ruin the dish and ruin your chances at securing another date.
- Run your knife around the length of the avocado. Open it up, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh.
- Place in a bowl with lime juice, salt and pepper and use a fork to mash it up to your preferred consistency.
- Bring the water up to the boil and add the vinegar. Crack your eggs into individual ramekins, this will make it easier to add the eggs into the water.
- Toast your sourdough.
- Turn the water down to a simmer and add your eggs. Poach for 2 to 3 minutes and then remove them from the water and dry them on kitchen paper.
- Place your toasted sourdough down, add the avocado, add the smoked salmon on top and then top with the egg. Season with some salt and pepper.