Sausage and Egg McMuffin
Sausage and Egg Mcmuffin
This has to be my breakfast guilty pleasure and my hangover cure. Absolutely perfect after a big night out with your friends.
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 6 sausages
- 4 English muffins
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 slices of mild cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Peel and grate the potatoes, place in a tea towel over a colander and season with salt and pepper. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Remove the outer layer of the sausages and use a ring cutter to shape your burgers. Make sure the ring cutter is the same size as your English muffin.
- Using the tea towel, ring out any moisture left in the potatoes by squeezing it as hard as possible.
- Then add the potatoes to a frying pan with a splash of oil and cook for 5-10 minutes. Taste and season and add any additional salt and pepper.
- Using the same ring cutter, shape the potatoes into circular hash browns. Top Tip: have a bowl of warm water next to you when you do this because having wet hands will prevent the potatoes from sticking.
- Place in the freezer to cool and firm up.
- Once the hash browns have firmed up, shallow fry in vegetable oil until golden and crispy.
- Once done they can go into an oven to keep warm.
- Fry the sausage burgers until you have a nice colour and top with the slices of cheese. Place in the oven with the hash browns to melt the cheese and cook the sausages all the way through.
- Cut the muffins in half and toast then fry your eggs. Once the eggs are cooked, use the same ring cutter you’ve been using to cut the egg into a circle.
- Assemble your sandwiches with half the muffin on the bottom followed by the sausage burger then the hash brown, the fried egg and then top with the other half of the muffin.