Philly Cheese Steak
I didn't think you could beat a lovely ribeye steak until I made this sandwich...
Servings: 2 people
- 1 Ribeye steak
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 1 white onion
- 1 green pepper
- 5 slices of mild cheddar cheese
- Get your steak out of the fridge for a least 30 minutes before you want to cook it.
- Once it’s at room temperature. Season it with salt and fry either side for 2 minutes.
- Take out and leave to rest
- Thinly slice your green pepper and white onion and fry in the pan you have just cooked the steak in.
- Whilst they are softening you can toast your bread. You can either do this in a toaster or lightly coat it in olive oil and toast it in a dry pan or griddle pan.
- Once your bread is toasted you can slice your steak into thin strips.
- Separate the onions and pepper into two piles and spread out evenly. Place the steak on top of the piles and layer on the cheese.
- Place a lid over the frying pan and allow the cheese to melt.
- Once melted you can scoop the goodness onto the bread.