A great date night dessert. Prepare during the day and then place in the oven when you're ready. Always a crowd pleaser and a good alternative for the other option for dessert 😉
Servings: 6 fondants
- 150 g butter
- 300 g dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 g caster sugar
- 75 g plain flour
- butter to grease
- cocoa powder to dust
- Grease your dariole moulds with room temperate butter and then coat the moulds in cocoa powder.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Whisk your eggs and sugar together until tripled in volume (use electric whisks or a kitchen aid otherwise you’ll be there for a long time.
- Add the melted chocolate into the egg mixture and sift in the flour and gently fold in until fully combined.
- Pour into the moulds and refrigerate for half an hour or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes
- Tip out onto a plate, dust it with icing sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream
*Top tip - Always make at least two more than you need and use those two as testers for when they come out of the oven. To make sure they are cooked perfectly!